Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vicki and Friends "Give Hope" with God's Money!!



....I want you to know what an impact Evan has had on me...A couple months ago I was part of a 'Kingdom Assignment' at my church. Our Pastor gave me an envelope with $100 in it and we were told that this was God's money, That we had to do something outside of our church with it and report back to our church what we had done..well after following your family, the Stephens family, the Wagner family, the Lieser family and the Johnson family and many, many more I decided to take 'Gods' money and make blankets for the kids that are in Children's Hospital and the University of Minnesota and I am asking friends and family to help me make more!!! We are also donating hats for the kids too!! I want to tell you that fortunately I have not experienced what life changing events you and all these families have, but that your son Evan, Joel, Levi, Isaac, McKenna and many others is what inspired me to make this my 'assignment'. Your families have touched my heart and I hope by doing this..I am helping in some way! I wanted you to know how Evan impacted someone he has never met!

After starting this project and after choosing which hospitals to send them too, I also learned that my brother was a patient at the U over 40 years ago with Histiocytosis. He is considerably older than me and I was aware of him passing from Histiocytosis but was unaware he was treated at the U also!

We donated 56 blankets and 37 hats, split between the U and Childrens in June '08!

No comments: