Tuesday, February 17, 2009

13-year-old Brooke Commits to "Live and Give"


After water polo one day last summer I had seen Evan's notification in my mail box and went straight to his site as usual. As I read over Gina's words, one sentence stuck out like a huge sore thumb: You can be as young as 13 to join DonateLife!! As soon as I saw those words, I raced to my parents, and asked if I could join. Both of them being donors, they were curious as to why I wanted to follow their example. I explained that if I am involved in a terrible accident that ends my life, there's no point in not sharing my organs. That I could save over 8 people, and that was well worth getting that little dot. That I could give someone a gift of life that could save their life, that not doing this would be a waste. So back to my computer I went, and typed in those boxes as fast as my fingers could, and then bam. I had that magical pink dot that gave me the opportunity to be a hero, and save someone's life. I can easily say that was the best use my time on a computer.

No comments: